Thursday, June 1, 2017


The Future of Streaming Radio

 

What I have always liked about the world of radio streaming is that it is getting less expensive by the day. One can get an old smart phone and stream better than any previous rig. I have a Microsoft phone from a pawnshop that cost 5 dollars and works well with a nearby stereo. I acquired a new android phone for l0 dollars that I can also use. With the tune in app, i heart radio app and a few others i have a world of radio at my fingertips. On my 50 dollar Microsoft phone that i carry service on, I can also stream in my car. But alas you have to touch stuff to make it work. Streaming does have re-connection problems that can only be solved by a touch or two.
               Enter wireless smart speakers. I found the Amazon Echo Dot for 49.99 on Amazon and have been impressed with its voice command only abilities. It comes able to interface with Tune in Radio, I heart radio, Pandora and amazon's audio books and music. As I write this, it is gaining new abilities every day. In most cases I can say the name of a station and Alexa will tell me she is tuning it. "Alexa play KSBJ" I say. "Playing KSBJ by way of the Tune in app." she reacts. The station is even using this in their adds. KSBJ is a large non profit CCM station in Houston. Alexa has some other basic abilities that are fun to play with too. She will need to be on your WiFi system to work. She has a big sister with better sound, but the little dot is capable of filling a mid sized room with sound and fine for an office.
As always feel free to write me.
Pastor Scott Talbert
scotttalbert1963@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment